This month's "One of My Favorite Men of Horror" is....

Robert Englund! 




This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
Hubba Hubba....





Robert Englund(Born Robert Barton Englund, June 6, 1947)- best known for his role as  the serial killer 'Freddy Krueger' in the original 'Nightmare on Elm Street' films. I became a fan of his, though, not through the 'Nightmare' films, but actually, when he portrayed Willie the friendly alien on the old 'V-The Series' show.  He was such a sweetie on that show, that I was instantly smitten by him.  Kind of hard to believe that he's the same guy(especially after watching the first Nightmare movie, and going.. "yikes.." o_O )!

While not everything he has done has been horror-related, horror/creepy/sinister/odd roles do seem to make up a huge bulk of his work(his IMDb page is impressive)While perusing his Wikipedia page, it says that he "is a classically trained actor". I believe it. I think though, and I admit to not having seen EVERYTHING he's done, that my favorite movie that he's in is actually 'Phantom of the Opera'(1989 ver.) Some people have said that it's akin to his role as Freddy Krueger.  Yes, the makeup is similar, and yes, it's a rather slasher-ish version of PotO. But other than that, there's no comparison. 

Here's a trailer for the movie:



I think he did a terrific job as Eric Destler/The Phantom, and it will always remain my favorite. 

Anyway, he has some movies that are due for release this year; check out his IMDb page for more info.  

As always, thanks for reading and please feel free to leave a comment, I love comments!  


Comments

Popular Posts