Klaatu, Verata..Nhghhumgahum*cough*! Ok, then. My review of "Army of Darkness"-Retro Review!




Army of Darkness












Army of Darkness(1992)
(aka, Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness)
Rated: R
Runtime: 81Min.
Directed by: Sam Raimi
Written by: Sam Raimi,Ivan Raimi
Starring:
Bruce Campbell
Embeth Davidtz 
Marcus Gilbert










Synopsis-Ash is sucked into the past into Medieval England via a time portal, where he is then captured by Lord Arthur, who believes he is one of Duke Henry's men, a local rival, with whom Arthur is warring with.  The Wise Man is convinced that Ash is the the one foretold to be their savior, but Arthur captures him.  Ash wins his freedom and demands help to be returned to his own time. Only by finding the Necronomicon,can Ash have the means to return.


While I have watched, and enjoyed all the Evil Dead movies(with the exception of the remake; I have not seen it yet. Not sure if I actually want to see it, but anyway), I feel that Army of Darkness is the best of the three.  It's creepy, but a fun creepy. The first Evil Dead creeped me out,...and the tree rape scene? Um. Yeah, I'll remember next time I'm in the woods not to read evil books..thanks, Movie!

PRETTY MUCH MY REACTION TO EVIL DEAD 1.

The second one was some what better, and a little funnier, but Army of Darkness was the right blend of humor and horror, and I'm apt to watch it more often than the other two. 


The costumes, sets and cinematography were all great; as someone who loves anything to do with Medieval England, this was a joy(even if California stood in for England ;) ). Bruce Campbell was, as always, terrific and so was Embeth Davidtz(who was also in another favorite movie of mine, 'Bicentennial Man').  Also loved the stop motion stuff. Okay, it was 1992.  Some of the effects were, definitely by today's standards of CGI, a little cheesy. But it was overlook-able, for all that. The storyline was good, and full of great quotes("First you wanted to kill me, now you want to kiss me. Blow")

If you're looking for a fun, and spooky movie, and you haven't yet seen Army of Darkness, I highly recommend it(though you should, you know, start with the first two-makes more sense that way.). Actually, I would recommend you get the Director's cut of the movie(with the original "Apocalypse" ending-that one is MUCH better, IMHO). 


So, what are you waiting for? Get on it! :D 



And... "Give me some sugar, baby"  er, in the form of comments?  ❥  ;D
                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Comments

  1. Reading this makes me want to watch the movie,...again~ XD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, it's VERY appreciated! :D

Popular Posts