This is what happens when I'm inspired, Or- crappy photoshopping skills are crappy.

So yesterday, I was reading a couple of Tweets where Bill Oberst,Jr had retweeted the below tweet,by Marshall Lush, where he was expressing an interest in seeing a Batman-Superman film only if Bill played Victor Zsasz :



and Bill replied:


Of course, I had NO idea who Zsasz was- some comic nerd I am! But I looked him up,agreed heartily, and being highly inspired, fired up my Paintshop Pro- and this was the result:

YES, THOSE ARE SCARS
And with a lot of audaciousness but also with a little trepidation(and a LOT of prodding by my daughter to just UPLOAD IT ALREADY,MOM) I uploaded it and stuck my $.02 into the conversation-



And then the nail-biting began.  I'm always a little nervous about how something I do, or write will be received, and this was one moment I didn't want to make a complete fool of myself.  When I put myself "out there", be it by blog post, or just making a graphic, I feel that trepidation for hours, wondering if I make sense, or am any good at anything. Yes, it's probably stupid to feel that way, but it's how I've been most of my life- that feeling of "I'm no good at ANYTHING".  Talk about low self-esteem!

But anyway, later, I got this reply back, from Bill:


Oh, WOW!

But this morning I thought maybe I'd work on it a little more, because, perfectionist. I know those scars aren't the best so I went digging around on Google, for better pictures and better inspiration. And you know what? I stumbled upon scarification., and got to thinking that maybe ol' Zsasz might have been trying for that rather than just cutting himself, making the tally marks into something ritualistic maybe,but imperfectly.  I mean, just reading up on the guy, he sounds really really batshit insane. So maybe scarification was what he was going for. And if you do a Google search, be aware some of the image results are creepy, beautiful and disturbing all at the same time.(and plenty of NSFW pix, too) o_O


 I wanted to improve on the picture, but getting a "fucking awesome" from Bill made my day.  I know I'm only an amateur at best when it comes to photo manipulations, but I had fun and Bill's reply made it worth while. So I'll leave it as is. Thank you, Bill. And also thank you Marshall Lush for the inspiration for thinking of the idea in the first place!  I'd go see that movie too. (and yes, Michael Keaton as Batman! Dammit, he's the only one, besides Adam West, that made me a fan of Batman-- he IS Batman.)




Comments

Popular Posts